me.

My photo
mommy. wife. teacher. yogini. writer. coffee drinker. aunt. crocheter. reader. dog lover. scattered. methodical. rational. irrational. paranoid. annoyed. lost. found. content. searching. peaceful. i am constantly in search of my story. the one i have never happened. the one i've lived i cannot write.

14 April 2009

lumpy chapters and painted ceilings.

a conversation overheard while two souls painted a basement ceiling...

him: so where's chapter 11?
her: i don't know.
him: 'cause you haven't put up a chapter since march 30.
her: [staring]
him: yeah, i check these things.
her: but we've come to a slow part of the story and i don't know how to write it. once sweet girl arrived, life got very exciting again.
him: every story has a slow part. you just gotta get through it to get to the good stuff.
her: but it's all commodes and percocet and recliners and coloring books and lots of seinfeld...how do you write that?
him: you just do. 'cause it's all part of the story. just lump it all into one chapter if you need to.

lumpy chapter to come...

1 comment:

Meg Hill said...

lumpy and bumpy is great in my book - I mean it will be great in YOUR book :) and really it is the slow boring parts that make you really love and appreciate everything else... right??? Otherwise I don't think I could get up and go everyday - I just know that it is because I will have the other things later... Rambling - tired...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...