has always been about completing projects
that are neglected from august to may
in the process
learning a little bit more about me
so that when i get back
to the hecticness of life
i have threads to hold onto
to keep me grounded
until summer returns again.
with a toddler
i'm finding it harder
to find the time
to learn those lessons
and complete those projects
but all in all
here's what i've come up with so far:
- i don't write enough (as evidenced by the lack of blogging) but i want to.
- i love to kayak.
- i crave creative opportunities; from painting a room to painting a canvas, refinishing furniture, creating things out of yarn, yearning to sew, playing with cameras and finding the color in life. i want our home to reflect the creativity that each of us has.
- i want to be someone who enjoys running. i'm trying very hard to be that girl.
- i adore repurposing objects found for a $1.
- i am at peace when everything is in its place. this happens rarely which means peace is sometimes hard to come by.
- i need quiet time. at least an hour a day for just me.
- i don't spend enough time with my husband.
- i miss yoga; i took the summer off because of trips and schedules but am dying to get back to it.
- i have to let go of the irrational desire to belong; i do belong and i forget that sometimes. i am a more miserable version of myself when i'm trying to be someone i'm not.
- i love open air markets.
- i enjoy digging in the dirt and am at times a little sad that i don't have big trees and grandiose gardens. i'll get there eventually.
- i enjoy teaching but am not at all prepared to return to it.
- the company of a 2-year old is the only company you need.
what lessons are you learning?