me.

My photo
mommy. wife. teacher. yogini. writer. coffee drinker. aunt. crocheter. reader. dog lover. scattered. methodical. rational. irrational. paranoid. annoyed. lost. found. content. searching. peaceful. i am constantly in search of my story. the one i have never happened. the one i've lived i cannot write.

18 March 2009

for bubba.

i know you're not a fan.
and i love that you understand
(or at least try to)
how deep my love for lyrics run
especially when uttered by bob
or dave.
and i love that when i e-mail you
in the middle of the day
with a desperate plea
you sigh, shrug your shoulders and say 'okay'
even though watching me go through labor was probably more fun for you
than sitting on the wet grass
on some baseball field
watching me sway to the music.
(it's true...i sway.)
but this one...
this one i found again today
amongst the hundreds of songs littering my itunes
as i danced around the living room with our daughter
introducing her
once again
to the music i love.
the music she listened to in the womb.
the music that makes my heart smile.

and we swayed
and giggled
and twirled
and i thought of you.

so for you
bubba.
my heart.
i may love dave
but you will always be the apple of my eye.

i walk halfway around the world
just to sit down by your side
and i would do most anything, girl
to be the apple of your eye

but troubles they may come and go
but good times they're the gold.
if the road gets rocky, girl
just steady as we go.

anyplace you wanna go
know i'll be next to you
if it's treasure babe, you're looking for
i'll search the whole world through.

know
troubles they may come and go
but good times they're the gold
so if the road gets rocky, girl
just steady as we go.

when the storm comes
you shelter me.
i don't say a word
and you know exactly what i mean

in the darkest times
you shine on me.
you
set
me
free

keep me
steady as we go.

so if your heart wrings dry, my love
i will fill your cup
and if your load gets heavy, girl
i will lift you up

but troubles they may come and go
but good times be the gold
so if the road gets rocky, girl
steady as we go.

ah.

shine
shine
shine
shine on me.

DMB - steady as we go
Stand Up

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...