me.

My photo
mommy. wife. teacher. yogini. writer. coffee drinker. aunt. crocheter. reader. dog lover. scattered. methodical. rational. irrational. paranoid. annoyed. lost. found. content. searching. peaceful. i am constantly in search of my story. the one i have never happened. the one i've lived i cannot write.

03 November 2010

rants and thanks.

it all started on etsy
which led me here


which in turn led me here


and here


and here

and then spurred this e-mail to my husband:

I have come to a conclusion.

Whilst the cherubs are testing (diligently, I might add), I have had a great deal of time to "thumb" through websites.

It all started on Etsy, while I was looking for an apron for Charlie.
Then I clicked on a link...
then another...
then another...

and this was the conclusion I came to. 

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO DO ALL OF THE THINGS I WANT TO DO!!!


(mind you his response was that i should
perhaps
consider cutting down the amount of time i spend in the grocery store
which i know probably holds merit
and rationale)


i am a closet crafter
i love to make things
from trash
scrap paper
ribbon remnants
and anything else i can get my hands on.

i subscribe to a plethora
of crafty blogs
and ooh and aah over the finished products
of all the 'martha' moms
and their kids
and i try
really really hard
to make time for those things in our days
like last weekend
when we did this:




we had so much fun making these
and i cannot wait to get them put up
around our house
barren of any sign of autumn
at present.

my love for crafting
has been put on the back burner
(you can refer to this post
for more on that)
and while i would love 
nothing more
than for my house to look
like this...



it just doesn't seem to work out that way.

but enough of that.

in all honesty
the above actually spurs
what is to follow
because...

i am thankful
for creative people
who share that creativity 
in the same wires i have come to know well
because they inspire me
they make me think
they make me look at the world
my world
differently
and make me want
to make
create
brighten
enlighten
my home
my child's mind
my world.

today
i am also thankful
for pumpkin chili
a cleared schedule
warm drinks (pumpkin soy chai)
and ambition.

go well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...