me.

My photo
mommy. wife. teacher. yogini. writer. coffee drinker. aunt. crocheter. reader. dog lover. scattered. methodical. rational. irrational. paranoid. annoyed. lost. found. content. searching. peaceful. i am constantly in search of my story. the one i have never happened. the one i've lived i cannot write.

06 January 2011

the year of asanas: the cramped fingers pose.

yesterday, while scanning various facebook updates
i came across one of my friends who had posted the following:

Pay it Forward 2011:
I promise to send something handmade to the people who leave a comment here.  They must, in turn, post this and send something they make to people who comment on their status.  The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your people sometime in 2011.  I'll contact you for an address.

love this.
so
like anyone in search of their creative muse
i commented
and reposted.

and then
i decided to take it a step further...

the cramped fingers pose or looseendsasana.



here
in my corner of the wires
i am paying it forward
and promising that
if you leave me a comment
and a way to contact you
i will
this year
make you something with my own two hands.

it will probably involve yarn...

be you an old friend
a new friend
an estranged friend
or complete stranger
i vow that i will put the same amount of time
attention
love
and prayer
into each item i produce.

the key is
you must 
in your own way
do the same to pay it forward;

post this to twitter
facebook
your blog

or

make a batch of cookies for the widow down the way.
hand draw a card for the co-worker that's had a shit week.
knit booties for that baby that's nearly here.
throw together a basket of items to help get your boss through the week
(be sure to include m&m's!)

no matter how you do it
do it.
cramp your fingers.
go well.

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it. ~Albert Schweitzer

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you haven't gotten comments - if only for a gift! Amy, I love how honest your self discovery is and how brave you are to publish it for all to see. Pretty amazing.
I haven't read in a while, time-never enough. I had a snow day today and was ready a few of my favorite blog writers. Hope you don't mind my lurking - Ann Brandewiede

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...