me.

My photo
mommy. wife. teacher. yogini. writer. coffee drinker. aunt. crocheter. reader. dog lover. scattered. methodical. rational. irrational. paranoid. annoyed. lost. found. content. searching. peaceful. i am constantly in search of my story. the one i have never happened. the one i've lived i cannot write.

07 January 2011

the year of asanas: grudgemasterasana.

my previous asanas have been, for the most part, things i need to improve on in this new year.
but this one is going to be the hardest pose to master 
because it requires using muscles i haven't used in a very very long time.

the forgiveness pose or grudgemasterasana.


one of my biggest, self-admitted faults is that i am a true master of holding grudges.
it matters not who has wronged me;
i hold on to the strands of resentment
anger
sadness
betrayal
that comes with having been done wrong
i hold onto those strands until they are threadbare
and then i take what is left and shove them in my pocket.

this has introduced a lot of negative energy into my world over the years
has caused me to say things and do things 
that completely go against all that i believe and believe should be
and only leaves me feeling tangled

this is going to be an asana years in the making.

but i recognize that it is something i need to work on
to get better at
because forgiveness is the ultimate
gift
and i have 
(on more than one occasion)
sought it out for myself. 

i cannot expect to be forgiven for my misgivings and faults
if i do not grant that same grace to others.

"The weak can never forgive.  Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ~ Gandhi

go well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...