it tends to come with the new year.
it usually fizzles after a few short months.
i do enjoy a good list though
and as i was driving
two days ago
i started thinking about how much
we each change
from year to year
and how much we stay the same
and all kinds of other random
and as i was driving
i came up with my 'love list'.
it looks like this:
- i love yoga.
- i love oatmeal.
- i very much love oatmeal with peanut butter.
- i also very much love oatmeal with raspberries.
- i love hearing 'mama' any time of day...yep, even 3 a.m.
- i love running (who knew?)
- i very much love my husband.
- i love sitting at barnes and noble and making life plans with him.
- i love sleep (and miss it).
- i love chai at 10 p.m.
- i love 'the office'.
- i love netflix.
- i [still] love 'seinfeld' at 11 p.m.
- i love listening to dave.
- i love that i found the potential in dave to pound out on my feet.
- i love quiet.
- i love yarn.
- i love that i can start with a ball of string and create something.
- i love watching my best good girl light up.
- i love watching her run up and hug her daddy.
- i love laying in her tent and looking up at the ceiling and pretending there are stars up there.
- i love flip-flops and miss them very very much.
- i love the tropics (and miss those very very much too).
- i love routine.
- i love consistency.
- i love that i get to be an aunt.
- i love books.
- i love them best when they are thick and laden with words.
- i love not having cable.
- i love NPR (this is what spurred this on...i was listening to it when i thought to myself, 'i love NPR', and then began to process all the little idiosyncrasies that i love and that make me me).
- i love iowa public television.
- i love 'sesame street'.
- i love chocolate granola (even if it doesn't love my thighs...)
- i love office supplies (notebooks, different colored pens, post-its...you name it)
- i love yarn bags.
- i love writing.
- i love date night.
- i love summer and fall (but not so much winter and spring).
- i love twinkling lights.
- i love getting my hair cut.
- i love the white dress i wore in hawaii.
- i love my dogs.
- i love my man.
- i love my girl.
and on dreary days such as these
i have to remember to stash this in my back pocket
so that i can drown out
all of those things i don't love.
what's on your love list?