me.

My photo
mommy. wife. teacher. yogini. writer. coffee drinker. aunt. crocheter. reader. dog lover. scattered. methodical. rational. irrational. paranoid. annoyed. lost. found. content. searching. peaceful. i am constantly in search of my story. the one i have never happened. the one i've lived i cannot write.

11 March 2010

satin curls.

charlie's hair
has always baffled me.
when she entered this world
and made her way through her first year
she was as bald
(if not more so)
than the day she was born.


as her hair filled out
it didn't come thick locks
as i expected


it came in thin strands
that never did what i wanted them to


and now
as she prepares to enter
her two's
i have finally resigned myself
to accept her hair
and love it.

in fact
i would love
nothing more
than for those curls
to tickle my chin
all day long.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...