me.

My photo
mommy. wife. teacher. yogini. writer. coffee drinker. aunt. crocheter. reader. dog lover. scattered. methodical. rational. irrational. paranoid. annoyed. lost. found. content. searching. peaceful. i am constantly in search of my story. the one i have never happened. the one i've lived i cannot write.

01 April 2010

edible post.

i'm obsessed with food.
at any given time
i have multiple obsessions;
yarn
yoga
photo albums
tattoos
books
and food.
these are the things that occupy my mind
at any given moment of the day.

as spring dawns and summer approaches
i find myself frothing
to get to the 'good stuff'
and ultimately to grow it myself.
but more than that, 
i have become so incredibly aware
of food
where it comes from
what's in it
and how it affects my body
my husband's body
my child's body.
(re: food inc. here  -- scary wonderful).

needless to say
our diets have changed drastically
since the days of yore.
gone are the totino's party pizzas from our freezer
replaced by free-range chicken
and organic peas.
no more hamburger helper in the pantry
it has been taken over by dried herbs
oats and granola.

this will not be my child:



so we eat well.
we make sure there's lots of color to our meals.
and yesterday
i watched my little girl
plant her first green beans.

i can't wait to watch them
and her
grow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...